Wisconsin's Focus on Energy issued a fact sheet that can help you reduce electricity use and manage electricity prices more effectively. The fact sheet identifies no-cost, low-cost, moderate-cost, and high-cost options to increase your facility's energy efficiency.
According to Focus on Energy, the following nine actions can help you manage rising electricity costs:
- Turn off lights and equipment when not in use (no-cost action).
- Make sure setback thermostats and energy management systems are programmed correctly (no-/low-cost actions).
- Install the most energy-efficient lighting options available and incorporate control devices (low-/medium-cost actions).
- Maintain heat, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment regularly (low-cost action).
- Check other equipment regularly and ensure it is operating correctly (low-/moderate-/high-cost actions).
- Install variable speed drives (moderate-cost action).
- Purchase energy-efficient equipment (moderate-/high-cost action).
- Monitor energy usage monthly (no-cost action).
- Get employees involved in saving energy-ask them how to reduce energy use (no-cost action).
Focus on Energy is a public-private partnership offering energy information and services to residential, business, and industrial customers throughout Wisconsin.
INFO: Contact Focus on Energy at 800-762-7077.