EPA recently announced the final 2008 Multi-Sector General Permit (MSGP). This replaces the previous permit which expired on October 30, 2005, and provides coverage for industrial facilities in five states, and in certain Indian Country lands, as well as at various federal facilities in other states, where EPA still remains the NPDES permit authority.
Deadlines for this permit are fast approaching. To help you stay on track, the speakers at a recent BLR audio conference predicted the following areas will be the focus of EPA's enforcement efforts on this new permit:
- Failure to obtain a permit
- Failure to conduct monthly inspections and/or monitoring
- Failure to have adequate stormwater drainage control
- Failure to respond to an incident
- Lack of post-event sampling
- Lack of a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan
For more information on BLR audio conferences, click here.